Discover the green lung of the Vatican City on this tour of its gardens with an audio guide. You'll also visit the unmissable Sistine Chapel and take a self-guided tour of the Vatican Museums.
Vatican Gardens + Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel Ticket
At the indicated time, we'll meet on Viale Giulio Cesare and enter the walls of Vatican Hill to discover a real oasis. The Vatican Gardens have been the resting and meditation place of the Popes for centuries. Would you like to discover them?
You'll spend around 45 minutes on a minibus exploring this hidden paradise in the smallest state in the world. Fortifications, grottoes and idyllic fountains await!
As we drive through the Vatican Gardens, we'll discover English woodlands, Italian gardens and French flowerbeds in an impressive mix of architectural and natural styles. We'll also pass by the Casina of Pius IV, a masterpiece of Mannerist architecture and the current seat of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences. With the help of your English audio guide, you'll discover all the secrets these gardens hide!
Once we've seen the Vatican Gardens, we'll part ways and you'll be able to visit the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel on your own.
When you step inside, you'll behold the greatest collection of art in the Roman Catholic Church. You'll admire the frescoes on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, Michelangelo's masterpiece, and see where papal coronations are held.
Discover more activities around the Vatican with the following link.
Entry to the Vatican Gardens
Audio guide in English in the Vatican Gardens
Skip the line entry to the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel
When to book?
You can book up until 6 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Not wheelchair accessible.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
Our providers commit to:
- Provide a safe and satisfying experience.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Incorporate eco-conscious technologies.
- Uphold fair employment standards.
- Foster the growth of local communities.
- Preserve the integrity of local culture.
- Safeguard both cultural and environmental heritage.
- Ensure ethical treatment of animals.
- Operate with honesty and transparency.
- Encourage sustainable behaviors among customers and staff.
This particular activity contributes as follows:
- Printed material is avoided.
- No single-use plastics are used.
- The activity helps the dissemination of local cultural heritage.
- No printing of documentation required.
- Promotes local employment.
- Has a gender equality policy.
- Has a carbon footprint offset policy.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Can I go on this private tour with a group of school children?
A - No, it's not permitted to do this private tour of the Colosseum with a group of school children. School trips require a special type of ticket.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions
Viale Giulio Cesare 229, in front of the Giulio Cesare Cinema (Metro A Ottaviano)