This complete Vatican City tour takes you around the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica, all with skip the line admission and in a group that never exceeds 35 people!
Vatican City Tour
Explore three of the most astonishing attractions in the world, accompanied by an expert guide who will reveal the history and lesser-known stories of these magical landmarks:
- Vatican Museums: The Vatican Museums feature one of the world’s largest art collections, including Renaissance masterpieces and stunning classical sculptures. You’ll follow your guide through The Gallery of Maps, Raphael Rooms, Tapestry Gallery and other impressive rooms.
- Sistine Chapel: The Sistine Chapel is entirely decorated with breath-taking Renaissance frescos, including The Last Judgement by Michelangelo. Nowadays, the Chapel holds the Papal conclave.
- St Peter’s Basilica: Step inside the imposing St Peter’s Basilica, the largest and holiest site for Roman Catholics. The Pope delivers his sermons from this magnificent temple.
But Vatican City isn't only grandiosity, it also has a long, dark past of betrayal and even lust. Our guides will open our eyes.
To guarantee safety regarding Covid-19, throughout September and October 2020 access to St. Peter's Basilica from the Sistine Chapel will be closed, therefore we will not visit the Basilica during the tour. Entrance, however, is free, and you can access it from St. Peter's Square.
- Please note that the Holy See may close St Peter’s Basilica and/or the Sistine Chapel without prior notice. If this were to happen during your tour, you would spend more time on the other parts of the tour. During Easter week St. Peter's Basilica may close for important ceremonies.
- Due to the Papal Audience, on Wednesday tours at 8:15 am, access to St Peter’s Basilica is not guaranteed. This restriction does not apply in July.
- If you’d also like to discover the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill, you can also book our Rome Combo tour.
Hotel Pick Up
You can reserve optional pick up at your hotel, with this pick up taking place an hour before the tour start time. This service is available at all accommodation within an 8 km radius from the meet point, where the majority of the hotels in Rome are found. The tour ends at the Vatican.
Other activities in The Vatican
You can see other activities in The Vatican with the following link.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protective material and safety to help avoid the spread of Covid-19.
|Adults||Children from 6 to 12||Children under 6|
|Tour without pick up||
US$ 64.40 US$ 57.40
US$ 51.50 US$ 39.80
|Tour with pick up||
US$ 78.50 US$ 69.10
US$ 65.60 US$ 51.50
Tour without pick up
AdultsUS$ 64.40 US$ 57.40
Children from 6 to 12US$ 51.50 US$ 39.80
Children under 6Free
Tour with pick up
AdultsUS$ 78.50 US$ 69.10
Children from 6 to 12US$ 65.60 US$ 51.50
Children under 6Free
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking expert guide.
Skip the line admission to the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica.
Hotel pick up (optional).
11% discount on the official ticket price.
Climbing up St. Peter's Basilica dome.
Visit to St. Peter's tomb and the necropolis under the basilica.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 1 hour before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Will we visit the Gregoriano Egiziano Museum?
A - No, this tour does not include a visit to the Gregoriano Egiziano Museum.
Q - Does the tour visit the Bramante Staircase or Momo\'s spiral staircase?
A - No.
Q - What if our group is large?
A - If your group is 15 people or more, we cannot always guarantee that you will be in the same group. If you would like a more personalised service, try the private tour of Rome.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers).
Viale Giulio Cesare 229, in front of the Giulio Cesare cinema (A Ottaviano Metro)