On this guided tour of the Vatican, you'll visit the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel. As an added bonus, you won't have to wait in the endless queues at the museums.
Explore two of the most extraordinary places in the world, accompanied by an expert guide who will reveal the history and lesser-known stories of these magical landmarks:
- Vatican Museums: The Vatican Museums feature one of the world’s largest art collections, including Renaissance masterpieces and stunning classical sculptures. You’ll follow your guide through The Gallery of Maps, Raphael Rooms, Tapestry Gallery and other impressive rooms.
- Sistine Chapel: The Sistine Chapel is entirely decorated with breathtaking Renaissance frescos, including The Last Judgement by Michelangelo. Nowadays, the Chapel holds the Papal conclave. Keep in mind that the Sistine Chapel is a place of worship. Therefore it's not allowed to talk or take pictures or videos inside. For this reason, the guides talk about the Chapel outside.
But the Vatican isn't only grandiose, it also has a long, dark past of betrayal and even lust that our guides will reveal...
St. Peter's Basilica
Access to St. Peter's Basilica from the Sistine Chapel is normally open, although it cannot be guaranteed that you'll be able to enter the temple from here due to masses and religious events that may take place.
In any case, if you wish to visit the basilica on your own after the tour, you can do so from St. Peter's Square.
Want to expand your tour?
If you'd also like to discover the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill, you can also book our Rome Combo tour.
Other activities in The Vatican
You can see other activities in The Vatican with the following link.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Skip the line admission to the Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel (worth € 19 (US$ 20.60))
When to book?
You can book up until 30 minutes before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Not wheelchair accessible.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
Our providers commit to:
- Provide a safe and satisfying experience.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Incorporate eco-conscious technologies.
- Uphold fair employment standards.
- Foster the growth of local communities.
- Preserve the integrity of local culture.
- Safeguard both cultural and environmental heritage.
- Ensure ethical treatment of animals.
- Operate with honesty and transparency.
- Encourage sustainable behaviors among customers and staff.
This particular activity contributes as follows:
- Printed material is avoided.
- No single-use plastics are used.
- The activity helps the dissemination of local cultural heritage.
- No printing of documentation required.
- Promotes local employment.
- Has a gender equality policy.
- Has a carbon footprint offset policy.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Will we visit the Gregoriano Egiziano Museum?
A - No, this tour does not include a visit to the Gregoriano Egiziano Museum.
Q - Does the tour visit the Bramante Staircase or Momo's spiral staircase?
A - No.
Q - What if our group is large?
A - If your group is 15 people or more, we cannot always guarantee that you will be in the same group. If you would like a more personalised service, we recommend the private tour of Rome.
Q - Is it possible to organize a visit to the tomb of Saint Peter during this tour?
A - No. The visit to the tomb of St. Peter and the necropolis below the Vatican basilica can only be booked with a formal request to the Office of Excavations, following a rigorous protocol.
Q - How many people visit per group?
A - A maximum of 30 people per guide.
Q - Can I go back inside the Vatican Museums after the tour?
A - No, you can only go in with the guide. However, you can stay in the museums once the guided tour has finished.
Q - Does the Vatican have a luggage locker?
A - There is a left-luggage service in the Vatican Museums.
Q - Can I bring my backpack?
A - You can only enter with small backpacks. Access with pushchairs/strollers, large backpacks or long umbrellas is not allowed.
Q - Does the tour visit the Pinacoteca?
A - No, the tour does not visit the Vatican Pinacoteca.
Q - Is it possible to climb the dome of St. Peter's Basilica?
A - The climb to the dome of St. Peter's Basilica is not included. Once the tour is over, you can stay in the basilica to go up on your own. The price is 10 euros per person.
Q - Does the tour visit the Raphael Rooms?
A - Only if there are not too many people that day. Sometimes the waiting time is more than half an hour.
Q - Is it possible to access the Vatican Museums with pushchairs/strollers?
A - No, access to the Vatican Museums with pushchairs/strollers is not allowed. They can be left with the museum's left-luggage service before entering the museum.
Q - Can I go on this private tour with a group of school children?
A - This is not possible. For school groups, access reserved for schools must be expressly reserved through the Vatican website.
Q - What should we take into account before visiting the Sistine Chapel?
A - The Sistine Chapel is a place of worship. Therefore it is not allowed to talk or take pictures or videos. For this reason, the guides talk about the Chapel outside the Chapel.
Q - Why do this activity with Civitatis?
A - All Civitatis activities go through a selection process. Within our listings, you won't find two equal activities offered by different providers: we simply take the company with the best reviews and quality and stick with that one. If our users start leaving negative reviews on an activity, we understand that something is off, and we contact the provider to establish a solution. If this situation persists, we look for another company that responds to our commitment to excellence. That's why doing an activity with Civitatis means getting it right every time and ending up satisfied with the service.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions
Viale Giulio Cesare 229, in front of the Giulio Cesare cinema (A Ottaviano Metro)