This complete Vatican City tour takes you around the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica, all with skip the line admission and in a group that never exceeds 35 people!
Vatican City Tour
Explore three of the most astonishing attractions in the world, accompanied by an expert guide who will reveal the history and lesser-known stories of these magical landmarks:
- Vatican Museums: The Vatican Museums feature one of the world’s largest art collections, including Renaissance masterpieces and stunning classical sculptures. You’ll follow your guide through The Gallery of Maps, Raphael Rooms, Tapestry Gallery and other impressive rooms.
- Sistine Chapel: The Sistine Chapel is entirely decorated with breath-taking Renaissance frescos, including The Last Judgement by Michelangelo. Nowadays, the Chapel holds the Papal conclave.
- St Peter’s Basilica: Step inside the imposing St Peter’s Basilica, the largest and holiest site for Roman Catholics. The Pope delivers his sermons from this magnificent temple.
But Vatican City isn't only grandiosity, it also has a long, dark past of betrayal and even lust. Our guides will open our eyes.
- The dress code is strictly enforced to enter St Peter’s Basilica. Women and men must cover their shoulders and knees.
- Please note that the Holy See may close St Peter’s Basilica and/or the Sixtine Chapel without prior notice. If this were to happen during your tour, you would spend more time on the other parts of the tour. During Easter week St. Peter's Basilica may close for important ceremonies.
- Due to the Papal Audience, on Wednesday tours at 8:15 am, access to St Peter’s Basilica is not guaranteed. This restriction does not apply in July.
- If you’d also like to discover the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill, you can also book our Rome Combo tour.
- If you want to see the gardens, we advise that you book our extended Vatican museums & gardens Tour.
- This guided tour includes priority access, meaning you will skip the ticket office line at the monuments visited.
- This activity cannot be taken with a wheelchair, nor with pushchairs/strollers. In this case, we advise that you take a private tour.
- People with disabilities who want to excercise their right to free entry should head to the reception of the Vatican Museums presenting the documentation that accredits your condition. If this is approved, you'll be refunded the cost of this ticket.
Hotel Pick Up
You can reserve optional pick up at your hotel, with this pick up taking place an hour before the tour start time. This service is available at all accommodation within an 8 km radius from the meet point, where the majority of the hotels in Rome are found. The tour ends at the Vatican.
|Adults||Children from 6 to 12||Children under 6|
|Tour without pick up||
US$ 60.90 US$ 54.30
US$ 48.70 US$ 38.80
|Tour with pick up||
US$ 74.30 US$ 67.60
US$ 62.10 US$ 52.10
Tour without pick up
AdultsUS$ 60.9 US$ 54.3
Children from 6 to 12US$ 48.7 US$ 38.8
Children under 6Free
Tour with pick up
AdultsUS$ 74.3 US$ 67.6
Children from 6 to 12US$ 62.1 US$ 52.1
Children under 6Free
* The price increases on the 29 February
3.5 - 4 hours.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking expert guide.
Skip the line admission to the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica.
Hotel pick up (optional).
11% discount on the official ticket price.
Climbing up St. Peter's Basilica dome.
Visit to St. Peter's tomb and the necropolis under the basilica.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (11:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - What if our group is large?
A - If your group is 15 people or more, we cannot always guarantee that you will be in the same group. If you would like a more personalised service, try the private tour of Rome.
Q - Does the tour visit the Bramante Staircase or Momo\'s spiral staircase?
A - No.
Q - Will we visit the Gregoriano Egiziano Museum?
A - No, this tour does not include a visit to the Gregoriano Egiziano Museum.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers).
Viale Giulio Cesare 229, in front of the Giulio Cesare cinema (A Ottaviano Metro)