Skip the queues and enjoy the beautiful St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican Necropolis with this fantastic tour. An expert guide will reveal all the fascinating details and history of these two iconic landmarks.
St. Peter's Basilica + Necropolis Tour
At the scheduled time, we will meet up at the entrance to St. Peter's Basilica. For the next two and a half hours, we will enjoy two of the most important landmarks in the Vatican: The Necropolis and St. Peter's Basilica.
We will start at the Vatican Necropolis, a Roman cemetery that houses tombs from the first and fourth centuries. We then head down under St. Peter's Basilica, to depths of up to 40 feet, where you will discover, among many other things, the tomb of St. Peter the Apostle.
Then we head back to ground level to take a guided tour of the magnificent basilica, the most important shrine to Catholicism in the world. During the visit, you will see outstanding works of art, such as Michelangelo's Pieta, Bernini's Baldachin, and the statue of St. Peter on his throne.
The guided tour concludes at the stunning Chair of St. Peter, a wooden throne that was used by the first Pope of Christianity after whom it is named.
Other activities in the Vatican
In the following link, you can see other activities in the Vatican.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Per person||Menores de 15 años|
Per personUS$ 71.50
under 15not admitted
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking guide.
Reduced group size of no more than 12 people.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (Rome local time).
You must print the voucher and show it to take part in the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Do you have any questions?
Find answers to our most If you have any other questions please contact us.
St Peters Basilica