This night tour passes through the most famous piazzas and monuments in Rome when it puts on a show: at nightfall. See the Vatican, the Colosseum and Piazza Navona all beautifully illuminated.
Rome Night Tour
After meeting in front of the Basilica of St. Mary of the Angels and the Martyrs in Piazza dell Repubblica, you'll board a minibus to explore the most emblematic sights in Rome in the splendour of their nightly illuminations.
Admire the 16th century Basilica, which is located within the ruins of the 3rd century Roman Baths of Diocletian, before heading to the Circo Maximo, the ancient Roman chariot-racing stadium and Palatine Hill, from which you'll be able see the Imperial Palaces. The Italian capital is always magnificent, but its monuments are even more incredible at night. From the bus, you'll also be able to see the Colosseum, one of the symbols of past and present Rome.
Make a stop at the viewpoint on the Capitolium, or Capitoline Hill, to enjoy a stroll over to the Theatre of Marcellus, the Piazza Venezia, the Piazza del Campidoglio (the first modern square to be designed in city) and the Roman Forum. Throughout your half an hour walk you'll have time to take in the incomparable views of these architectural wonders up close.
Return to the bus to head to Piazza Navona, one of the most beautiful in all of Rome. Here you'll have time to take photos of the squares famous fountains: the Fountain of Four Rivers, the Moor Fountain and the Fountain of Neptune all take on a new and magical look when they're lit up at night.
Last but by no means least will be a stop at St Peter's Square, the enormous circular plaza in front of the Basilica of the same name. Marvel at the iconic architecture of the piazza, the surrounding Vatican buildings and the historic Obelisk.
Your tour will come to an end at Travestere, near Tiber Island and the Ponte Garibaldi, the perfect place to find an excellent restaurant for the finishing touch on your evening. If you'd prefer, the driver will alternatively take you back to the original departure point.
In July and August, it gets darker far later and therefore when we back the first stop it will still be daylight. Therefore, the areas of the Colosseum, the Forum and the Circo Maximo will be visited at sunset when they are not yet lit up.
Time at each stop
The objective of this tour is to highlight the grandeur of Rome's monuments lit up by night, and be able to take the best possible photographs. The tour takes place in a spacious minibus, and the time at each stop is brief (between 5 and 10 minutes). At Piazza Navona and St Peter's Square, you'll have around 20 minutes. This tour also includes a short walk, which will last between 30 and 40 minutes.
Hotel Pick Up
You can also book hotel pick up. Pick up is an hour before the tour starts and includes all accommodation within an 8-kilometre radius of the meeting point (where most of the hotels in Rome are). The tour ends in Trastevere.
If you would prefer you can also book a private tour of Rome, which adapts to your interests and needs, with a price of €250 for a group of up to 7 people. Contact us for details.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Tour without pick up
Children between 3 and 16US$ 24.30
Children under 3Free
Seniors over 65 years oldUS$ 30.40
Tour with pick up
Children between 3 and 16US$ 38.90
Children under 3Free
Seniors over 65 years oldUS$ 45
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Minibus tour with stops.
English speaking guide.
Small, intimate groups.
Hotel pick up (optional).
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Do you have any questions?
Find answers to our most If you have any other questions please contact us.
Basilica of St. Mary of the Angels and the Martyrs, Piazza dell Repubblica.