Go back in time during a 3-hour walking guided tour of the Bath of Caracalla, the most luxurious thermae of the Roman Empire, then marvel at the remains of the Circus Maximus and discover other curious sites.
Baths of Caracalla & Circus Maximus Guided Tour
Does the name Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus sound familiar? Maybe his nickname “Caracalla” is better known. The Roman Emperor was called “Caracalla” for the hooded tunic he used to wear and which he made fashionable. On this 3-hour guided tour, you’ll explore the Roman Empire’s most famous baths, named after the famous emperor and soldier.
Mosaics, beautiful sculptures, marble facings, a library…during the third century AD, the Bath of Caracalla was one of the most important meeting points for the Roman citizens. Accompanied by an expert English-speaking guide, you’ll discover the history of this impressive vestige and the glorious Roman Empire period, when the public baths were an important part of a civilian's daily life and where they would converse and…conspire.
Next, you’ll follow your guide to the remains of the Circus Maximus. Founded as a circus for chariot racing, this is where the thrilling and nearly always deadly races took place, often reenacted in novels and films such as Ben-Hur.
Afterwards, wander to the Piazza della Bocca della Verità, which houses the ancient temples of Hercules Victor and Portunus and the famous Bocca della Verità. The tour will come to an end after visiting the remains of the Teatro Marcello, where the Empire’s actors could achieve instant glory or lose their prestige after just one show.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
English-Speaking Guided Tour
Students 18 - 25 years oldUS$ 46.20
Children 7 - 17 years oldUS$ 34
Children less than 7Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Priority access to the Baths of Caracalla.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers.
Do you have any questions?
Find answers to our most If you have any other questions please contact us.
Circo Massimo metro station exit