Take advantage of your time at Rome airport to explore the Italian capital. With this Rome Layover Tour, you'll discover the charm of the beautiful Eternal City.
Rome Layover Tour
The Rome layover tour is private and includes transport and a driver from the airport pick up to the return transfer. We'll be waiting for you holding a sign with your name on it at the terminal where you arrive. From there we'll travel to the centre of the Italian capital for a three and a half hour tour around the main tourist areas.
Our first stop will be the surroundings of the Vatican City. We'll admire the symbolic dome that sits on St. Peter's Basilica, the largest temple in Christendom.
We'll continue the route with a tour of Imperial Rome. In this area of the city, we'll see the exterior architecture of important buildings including the legendary Colosseum, the Arch of Constantine and the remains of the Forum and the Palatine, the hill on which the emperors resided.
The next stop will be in front of another outstanding monument dating back to the Roman Empire, the famous Agrippa's Pantheon. We'll carry on by discovering the charm of Piazza di Spagna and Piazza Navona, which has three exceptionally artistic fountains.
Then we'll admire Nicola Salvi's masterpiece, the Trevi Fountain, and you'll feel like Anita Ekberg in the famous La Dolce Vita scene. The tour will end taking you back to the airport.
Airports and timetable
This tour can only be made from the Ciampino and Fiumicino airports. In both cases, the start time varies according to the arrival of your flight.
To carry out this tour you need to have at least 8 hours available between flights. Please note that the total time between the city centre and the airport is approximately 90 minutes and you'll need to be at the terminal 2 hours before your flight departure. Therefore, the time available around the city will be approximately 3 and a half hours.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 4 people||Up to 8 people|
|Private tour in English||
Private tour in English
Up to 4 peopleUS$ 315.10
Up to 8 peopleUS$ 387.90
3 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Airport pick up and drop off.
Transport by car or minibus, depending on the size of the group.
English speaking driver.
Private and exclusive tour, there won't be other people in the group.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (Rome local time).
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Do you have any questions?
Find answers to our most If you have any other questions please contact us.