Visit the two treasures of Tivoli on this enchanting day trip: Hadrian's Villa, built by Roman Emperor Hadrian as a retreat from Palatine Hill, and Villa d'Este, where you can stroll alongside beautiful fountains and gardens.
Hadrian's Villa and Villa d'Este Day Trip
After picking you up from your hotel, the tour will leave Rome and head to Tivoli, popular during the Roman Empire as a place for rest and relaxation, and the summer holiday destination of choice for historical figures like Emperor Hadrian.
Your first stop will be Hadrian's Villa, one of the most important buildings constructed in the 2nd century under Hadrian's rule, who had it built because he wasn't happy in his palace on Palatine Hill.
Hadrian's Villa is a complex set in luscious green gardens and made up of a number of palaces, fountains and baths influenced by Greek and Egyptian architectural styles.
The tour will then take you into Tivoli town, where you'll make your second stop at the Villa d'Este, a luxurious Renaissance residence whose walls and ceilings are decorated with ornate frescos.
The palazzo itself is spectacular, and its extraordinary gardens even more so. Amongst its dense greenery are more than 500 fountains and sculptures, including favourites like The Hundred Fountains and The Fountain of the Organ.
After exploring these two jewels of the Roman Empire, you'll return to Rome, ending the tour at the Piazza della Repubblica.
The tour includes pick up from any of the hotels in the centre of Rome that have 24-hour reception. If you're staying in an apartment or a bed and breakfast, please go to the meeting point: in front of the Basilica of St. Mary of the Angels and the Martyrs (Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri) near the Repubblica and Termini metro stations.
- If on your selected date there is a temporary exhibition in either of the villas, the guide will ask you for an additional payment of €3.
- Children under 3 participate for free.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 7 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 7 years oldUS$ 84
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Pick up from hotel.
Transport by bus.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to Hadrian's Villa.
Entrance to Villa d'Este.
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (10:30 pm) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Do you have any questions?
Find answers to our most If you have any other questions please contact us.