Explore the beautiful Italian cities including Naples, Pompeii, Ostia or Assisi with these Rome Private Day Trips. You'll have an exclusive guide just for you and your family, or friends.
Rome Private Day Trips
If you have several days in Rome and want to explore the surroundings with an exclusive guide, you can book one of our private tours. These tours last between 5 and 10 hours and include pick-up from your hotel, transport in a private vehicle and an English speaking guide.
Below you can see the details of each tour:
Naples and Pompeii Day Trip (10 hours)
We'll leave Rome along the Autostrada del Sole motorway, which will take us to the south of Italy. Our first stop will be a two-hour guided tour of Pompeii. This ancient Roman city, buried by the ashes of Vesuvius in 79 AD, is now one of the main archaeological sites in the country.
In the afternoon, after a free hour for lunch, we'll enjoy a panoramic tour of Naples. On this tour of the capital of Campania, we'll see the exterior of its most symbolic monuments, such as Castel dell'Ovo, Piazza del Plebiscito, Castel Nuovo and the Royal Palace. The tour will end returning to the Italian capital.
We'll follow a similar itinerary to the Naples and Pompeii tour for groups.
Assisi and Orvieto Day Trip (10 hours)
After picking you up from your hotel in Rome we'll head to Assisi, the birthplace of Saint Francis. We'll visit the church of Santa Clara, Piazza del Comune and the Basilica of St. Francis, famous for its extraordinary medieval frescoes. You'll have a free hour for lunch, and the tour will continue to Orvieto. You'll have another hour free to visit this beautiful medieval village on your own and we'll conclude the tour back at your accommodation in Rome.
We'll follow a similar itinerary to the Orvieto and Assisi tour for groups.
Tivoli Day Trip (5 hours)
We'll pick you up at your hotel in Rome and go to Tivoli, where Roman emperors spent their summers. Our first visit will be the beautiful Villa Adriana, which Hadrian had decorated with fountains and sculptures of oriental inspiration. The next stop will be at Villa d'Este, which stands out for its beautiful gardens. Here we'll see the famous "row of 100 fountains". The tour will end returning to your hotel in Rome.
We'll follow a similar itinerary to the Tivoli tour for groups.
Ostia Antica Day Trip (5 hours)
We'll depart from Rome towards the archaeological site of Ostia Antica, one of the main ports in the Mediterranean during the Roman Empire. In this ancient enclave, we'll visit the Baths of Neptunes, the vestiges of the open-air theatre and the House of Diana, which still preserves various original objects from imperial Rome. Before returning to the Italian capital we'll also visit the Forum of the Corporations, a meeting point for workers of different guilds and trades.
We'll follow a similar itinerary to the Ostia Antica tour for groups.
Castelli Romani Day Trip (5 hours)
On this private tour from Rome, we'll visit several villages in the Italian region of Castelli Romani. Our first stop will be Monti Albani to see the charm of Ariccia and Castel Gandolfo, the summer resort for the Popes. The last stops will be at Grottaferrata and Frascati, where you'll have one hour free to taste the local products. From Frascali we'll return to Rome.
With each tour you'll have the following guides:
- Excursion to Naples and Pompeii: An English-speaking guide during the guided tour of Pompeii and an English-speaking driver during the rest of the tour.
- Excursion to Assisi and Orvieto: An English-speaking guide during the guided tour of Assisi and An English-speaking driver for the rest of the tour
- Excursion to Tivoli: An English speaking guide during the whole tour.
- Excursion to Ostia Antica: An English speaking guide during the whole tour.
- Tour to Castelli Romani: An English speaking guide during the whole tour.
Advantages of a private tour
By booking a private tour you'll have an exclusive Spanish speaking guide. You can even choose the day of the week you prefer and if you're a large group, you'll save money!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 3 people||Up to 7 people|
|Naples and Pompeii Day Trip||
|Assisi and Orvieto Day Trip||
|Tivoli Day Trip||
|Ostia Antica Day Trip||
|Castelli Romani Day Trip||
Naples and Pompeii Day Trip
Up to 3 peopleUS$ 1,071
Up to 7 peopleUS$ 1,304
Assisi and Orvieto Day Trip
Up to 3 peopleUS$ 1,086
Up to 7 peopleUS$ 1,102
Tivoli Day Trip
Up to 3 peopleUS$ 646.90
Up to 7 peopleUS$ 731.30
Ostia Antica Day Trip
Up to 3 peopleUS$ 613.20
Up to 7 peopleUS$ 691.90
Castelli Romani Day Trip
Up to 3 peopleUS$ 534.40
Up to 7 peopleUS$ 615.40
5 hours - 10 hours.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in car or minibus, depending on the size of the group.
English speaking guide.
Private and exclusive tour, there won't be anyone else in your group.
Entry to Pompeii: € 16 (US$ 18) per person.
Entry to Villa Adriana: € 15 (US$ 16.90) per person.
Entry to Villa d'Este: € 15 (US$ 16.90) per person.
Entry to Ostia Antica: € 12 (US$ 13.50) per person.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (7:00 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).