Relax in southern Italy with this Naples to Capri Tour lasting 2 or 3 days. Discover Pompeii's incredible history, Sorrento's cuisine and Capri's beauty.
Naples to Capri Tour: 2/3 Days
After picking you up from your hotel we'll head south along the Sun motorway, the oldest in Europe. As we drive along western Italy you'll see the green Roman countryside and the Castelli Romani, including the Montecassino Abbey which played a key role in the Second World War.
Our first stop on the tour will be Naples. Here we'll visit the historic centre and the Mergellina port, where you'll see the Ovo Castle built in the 12th Century.
Then we'll leave Naples, and continue south past the fertile Vesuvius valley to reach Pompeii. On arrival, we'll stop to have lunch at a restaurant.
In the afternoon we'll spend two hours walking around the ruins in Pompeii. The city, buried by the ashes and lava of Vesuvius in 79, was discovered 1,700 years later, revealing the life of yesteryear, its secrets, its gestures and the panic of its last moments.
As we leave Pompeii we'll drive along one of the most beautiful roads in Italy towards Sorrento, where we'll have dinner and stay the night.
The next morning after breakfast, we'll get on a boat to Capri arriving in its famous Marina Grande port. Our first visit will be the Blue Grotto, if weather permits, which sunk millions of years ago blocking the sun rays.
The tour will continue on to the village of Anacapri, located in the highest area of the island. We'll have lunch here at a restaurant with stunning views of the Gulf of Naples.
Our last stop will be in Capri itself, where you'll have time to wander around the most important part of the island including the famous Piazzeta.
When we return to Naples you'll have the opportunity to marvel at the impressive Maschio Angioino (a 12th century fort), the Certoso di San Martino, a former monastery complex, and the Palace. The tour will then head back to Rome.
The tour will finish around 8:30 pm in the centre of Rome, or, if you prefer, at your hotel.
3 Day Tour
There is an option to extend the tour another day and spend another night in Sorrento. During the extra day, you'll have free time to enjoy the charming location.
During low season, between 1st November and 31st March, the visit to Capri isn't included, as the climate doesn't usually permit it. On this day you'll have free time in Sorrento or you can reserve an additional tour, such as Positano and Amalfi.
All of the hotels are superior category. The price indicated is per person staying in a double or triple room. You'll receive a welcome drink in the deluxe category hotels.
- Standard category: Hotel Michelangelo or similar
The tour includes pick up from hotels in the centre of Rome, which have 24 hour reception. If you're staying in an apartment or Bed and Breakfast you must go to the departure point (Vittorio Emanuele Orlando 95, between Termini and Barberini square).
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 13 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|2 Day Tour||
|3 Day Tour||
2 Day Tour
Per personUS$ 459.70
3 Day Tour
Per personUS$ 596.80
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
2 days - 3 days.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English.
Hotel pick up.
Transport by bus.
English speaking guide throughout the whole tour.
English speaking guide around Pompeii.
Entry to Pompeii.
Return ferry to Capri (only between 1st April and 31st October.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner during the whole tour.
Tourist tax for room (between € 1 (US$ 1.20) and € 5 (US$ 5.90) per person per night).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.