Set off on a full-day self-guided trip to Venice from Rome on a high-speed train. You'll have around six hours to sail along its charming canals in a vaporetto and explore the city at your own pace.
Venice by High Speed Train Day Trip Itinerary
At 7:30 am on the day of your excursion, make your way to Termini Station, where you'll be given a map of Venice, the train tickets, skip the line tickets to St Mark’s Basilica and an unlimited travel card for the city’s vaporettos.
Your high-speed train leaves Rome at 7:50am. Relax and enjoy the picturesque landscape during the high speed train journey, which takes just 3 hours 45 minutes to reach Santa Lucia train station.
Upon arrival, you’ll have around 6 hours to discover this magical city at your own leisure. Don’t miss taking a water bus, so you can enjoy the magnificent views of Venice from a different perspective. This activity includes an unlimited travel card for this type of transportation.
A good option is to take the vaporetto nº1 directly at Santa Lucia railway station and sail along the Grand Canal to Piazza San Marco, the city’s main square. The Doge’s Palace and St Mark’s Basilica are both located in this impressive square, and are two of the most-visited attractions. The day trip includes skip the line admission to the Basilica.
Another remarkable sight is the Rialto Bridge and Santa Maria della Salute Basilica, the Basilica di Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari and Santi Giovanni e Paolo.
After a fascinating day discovering Venice, head back to the train station, which departs at 6:30 pm and arrives in Rome at 10:30 pm.
The train schedule is subject to change.
The excursion to Venice includes a multilingual escort, who will come with you on the train and take you to St. Mark's Basilica. The rest of the time, you can either choose to explore Venice on your own, or do so with the escort, who will give brief explanations about the city.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 13 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children less than 3 years old|
|Full day trip to Venice||
Full day trip to Venice
Children less than 3 years oldFree
The tour includes a multilingual escort that speaks English.
Transport from the meeting point to the train station.
Transport to Venice from Rome on a high speed train.
Unlimited ferry boat pass in Venice.
Complimentary map and timetable of the vaporettos.
Skip the line access to St Mark’s Basilica.
English speaking escort.
Map of Venice.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:30 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Via Marsala 46/48.