Writers, artists and intellectuals from across the ages have fallen in love with the history, nature, hospitality and culture of Capri. Now it's your turn to discover the myths and legends surrounding the island and its Blue Grotto, an incomparable experience.
Starting out first thing in the morning, you'll be on your way south via the road nicknamed the 'Sun Motorway', driving through the Italian countryside and past the area of communes known as Castelli Romani, historically a favourite retreat for ancient Roman noblemen. Halfway through the journey, you'll see the great Benedictine Monte Cassino Abbey, the site of one the most important battles of the Second World War.
Having arrived in Naples, you'll board a ferry for the 45-minute journey to Marina Grande, Capri's famous port.
You'll then be on your way to the breathtaking Blue Grotto, one of the most beautiful natural places on earth. It is said that the cave flooded millions of years ago, blocking out the sun's rays. What little light that does enter the cave does so in a way that the water is illuminated in an enchanting blue colour.
The tour then continues by bus towards Anacapri, the highest point on Capri, from which you'll have the most incredible panoramic views of the island and the Bay of Naples. You'll stop in Anacapri to eat in an excellent restaurant.
After eating, you'll head down to Capri itself, where you'll have free time to explore the most important town on the island at your own pace. Here, you can visit the Piazzetta, buy local products and souvenirs, and take unforgettable photos.
Returning to Naples, you can admire the view of the splendid Maschio Angioino, a 12th-century fortress also known as Castel Nuovo, of the Certosa di San Martino former monastery complex and of the Royal Palace.
The tour will finish around 9 pm in the centre of Rome.
- If unfavourable weather conditions mean the tour can't visit the Blue Grotto, you'll visit the impressive 'Faraglioni' rocks instead. If weather conditions do not allow for a boat excursion, another tour on the island itself will be substituted.
- When booking you can choose the tour with pick up. This includes pick up from the main hotels in the centre of Rome which have 24 hour reception. If you're staying in an apartment or a bed & breakfast you must go straight to the meeting point, in front of the Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri church, near the Piazza della Repubblica and Termini metro stations.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 13 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 7 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour without pick up||
|Tour with pick up||
Tour without pick up
Children between 3 and 7 years oldUS$ 187.10
Children under 3 years oldFree
Tour with pick up
Children between 3 and 7 years oldUS$ 201.30
Children under 3 years oldFree
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
Transport by bus.
Return ferry to Capri.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to the Blue Grotto.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (11:00 pm local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Is it possible to bring luggage?
A - It's not recommended due to a lack of space.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Church of Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri