Discover the green heart of the Vatican City on this exclusive guided tour of its gardens. You'll also visit the unmissable Vatican Museums, as well as the original Bramante Staircase, usually off-limits to visitors!
Vatican Museum Tour + Gardens
The Vatican Museums are one of the top five most visited art galleries in the world for a good reason. And its stunning gardens are sure to leave you lost for words, on this unmissable combo tour.
They are made up of over fifty-four different galleries, creating one of the largest museums in the world. Founded in the 16th century, they are home to some of the world's most famous works of art, housing pieces by Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Caravaggio, Raphael and Giotto, amongst others.
One of the most famous religious buildings in the world is also part of the Vatican Museums: the Sistine Chapel. During your guided tour you'll be able to contemplate the incredible frescos decorating its ceiling, and particularly Michelangelo's world-famous painting of The Last Judgement.
This guided tour will give you exclusive access to part of the Vatican Museums that has been closed to the general public: the original Bramante Staircase. This much-copied staircase was built in 1505 to allow people and animals to go up and down with ease, but more importantly so that Pope Julius II could access his private residence at the top without having to leave his horse-drawn carriage. The Bramante Staircase affords picturesque views over the Vatican City below. And, of course, no trip to the Vatican city would be complete without seeing St. Peter's Basilica - one of the most important sites of pilgrimage in the Catholic world, and bearing decoration by Michelangelo himself.
You will also have the unique opportunity to explore the Gardens of Vatican City, the private urban parks that make up over half of the country. These beautiful gardens, created in Renaissance and Baroque styles, are full of magnificent sculptures and fountains. You'll also see the different shrines to the Virgin Mary, which are venerated worldwide.
The tour will end after approximately five hours in the Vatican area.
- In Rome, especially in places of worship and inside the Vatican Museums, it is strictly forbidden to bring strollers, bulky bags or umbrellas, or to wear low-cut clothing. Shoulders should be covered as well.
- Please note: if you have a metal coated pacemaker, you will have to show your pacemaker identification card at the Security checks.
- This tour does not operate on religious holidays.
- If you're planning to visit the Vatican, but this tour isn't available when you're in town, we advise that you take a look at our Vatican City Tour - which takes in the museums, Sistine Chapel and the Basilica.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 13 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Vatican Museums + Gardens||
Vatican Museums + Gardens
Per personUS$ 116.70
The tour is exclusively in English.
Professional English speaking guide.
Use of headphones to easily follow explanations.
Entrance tickets with skip the line access.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Rome).
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.