Driving a scooter around Rome is an unforgettable experience. Pass through broad avenues next to the Colosseum and explore the winding streets of the centre. Unmissable!
Why rent a scooter in Rome?
Passing through the streets of Rome on a scooter is an opportunity you have to take if you're visiting the eternal city. The narrow streets of the centre and the avenues which pass alongside the Colosseum, the Piazza Venezia or the Vatican are the perfect backdrop to the feeling of freedom as you circulate on a scooter.
Rome is a city with many attractions, and renting a scooter means you can be agile, moving from one neighbourhood to another, seeing everything the Italian capital has to offer. An unforgettable experience!
What kind of scooter can I rent?
- The scooter will be a 125cc Peugeot Tweet or similar: You must be at least 18 years old and have an A1 (maximum 11KW), A2 (maximum 35KW), or A or B (maximum 11kw for both)
A driver and a passenger can ride on each scooter, but the second helmet is not included.
Head to our shop to pick up your scooter:
- Roma Ostiense: Ostiense Via Pellegrino Matteucci 35. From the 26th of October onwards, all rentals must be collected at this store, open 9 am to 1 pm and 2 pm to 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
Important: bikes cannot be returned on Sundays, as the shops are closed. In this case you'll have to return the bikes last thing on Saturday or first thing on Monday. If you return the bike on Monday, you will have to pay for an extra day's rental.
Please take the opening hours of the shop into account when choosing when to pick up your scooter.
The prices indicated are per scooter, not per person. For example, if you are two people wanting to use the same scooter (driver and passenger) you should reserve one scooter and indicate in the comments that you need a second helmet. Please take into account that the second helmet is not included in the price.
- When you pick up your scooter you will have to sign a contract and leave a deposit by credit card which will be returned at the end of the activity.
- You should return the scooter at the same time as you picked it up once the rental period is over. Returning the scooter beforehand will not entitle you to a partial refund. If you return it late, a penalty charge of €50 plus the rental cost proportional to the time passed since the time of return applies.
- Rental includes insurance with an excess of €500 and breakdown cover. You can increase your level of cover when picking up the scooter and signing the contract.
- You must return the scooter with a full tank, or you will be billed for the difference.
- If your driving licence is not from a country within the European Union, or if the country does not have an agreement with Italy, you will need an international driving licence. Before making the reservation please check if your driving licence is valid in Italy.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protective material and safety to help avoid the spread of Covid-19.
|Peugeot Tweet 125cc or similar|
Peugeot Tweet 125cc or similarUS$ 57.20
Peugeot Tweet 125cc or similarUS$ 101
Peugeot Tweet 125cc or similarUS$ 138.70
Peugeot Tweet 125cc or similarUS$ 171.60
Peugeot Tweet 125cc or similarUS$ 249.50
1 - 7 days.
Comprehensive insurance with €500 excess.
Breakdown cover, medical cover.
Second helmet for passengers, lock box and gloves (optional).
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Is it possible to take a guided tour with the scooter?
A - Yes, but to take this tour you should rent a minimum of four scooters. If you're a large group and would like to reserve a guided tour, please indicate so in the comments.
If you have any other questions please contact us.