Discover the city where pizza was born on this Naples Day Trip by High Speed Train from Rome and marvel at the beautiful charm and delicious cuisine.
Naples Day Trip by High Speed Train
We'll meet early in the morning at the Roma Termini train station and board a high-speed train which will take us to the region of Campania in southern Italy.
On arrival at the Napoli Centrale train station, you'll have free time until around 10 am when we'll start the walking tour through the historical centre of Naples, the most populated city in the south of the country.
During this tour of the old town, we'll discover the most picturesque and symbolic corners including the famous San Gregorio Armeno street, where we'll find souvenir shops and its famous artisan shepherds' figures. We'll also stop at Spaccanapoli, one of the most important streets in the city, San Domenico Maggiore church and the Gesù Nuovo square, where you'll find the Santa Chiara church.
Afterwards, we'll go to a traditional pizzeria to taste the well-known Neapolitan pizza. Did you know that pizza was invented in Naples? In fact, the art of the Neapolitan pizza was declared a UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
Next, we'll go up to Posillipo hill where you'll see the best views of the city and Mount Vesuvius. Don't forget your camera! We'll continue the tour by going to Piazza del Plebiscito and admire the Royal Palace, the San Carlo Theatre, the Umberto I Gallery and Piazza Trieste.
The last stop of the day will be at the Caffè Gambrinus, where we'll taste the traditional and delicious puff pastry, the sfogliatella, with a coffee. Then we'll go back to Naples' train station and return to Rome around 6 pm.
The train timetable can be subject to change. After booking, the local provider will send you an email with the exact itinerary and the train tickets. You must print them and make your own way to Termini Train Station at least 30 minutes before the train departs.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 13 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Naples Day Trip||
Naples Day Trip
Per personUS$ 199.30
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Return trip by high speed train.
English speaking guide.
Transport in Naples.
Piza, sfogliatella and coffee tasting.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Rome local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Rome Termini Train Station